A Non-Exhaustive Doctrine (2014)
1. Think, doubt, be afraid, but do anyway.
2. Friends are gold.
3. Collect stories, not people.
4. No one owes you anything.
5. Always find time to photoshoot and go on road trips.
6. Be there for yourself. Take care.
7. Don’t waste any emotional capacity on hatred; adopt an erasure-of-existence approach.
8. Be open to new opinions and opportunities to try out new things.
9. Make a good impression on your friends’ parents.
10. You can always change your mind.
11. If you were happy/ content, it wasn’t a waste of time.
12. You’re not responsible for loving someone all the time. It’s okay to get annoyed at times.
13. Have lazy afternoons in your room with sleepy indie music playing on your laptop. Don’t feel guilty about not being productive.
14. Don’t let fear and uncertainty stop you from what you want to do. Be okay with holding yourself to blame if things don’t turn out as well as you’d like them to.
15. Don’t conform only because it’s a lot easier to blame other people if you end up unhappy.
16. Know that somehow things will work out.
18. Test your limits to see how far you can go.
19. Liking something =/= it’s good